Databases - To use at home, ask the librarian for a password bookmark.
- World Book Online has elementary, middle and adult versions, current events, dictionary, thesaurus
and Spanish encyclopedia.
EBSCO Online Magazines & Newspapers For elementary, middle, HS and adult. Also in Spanish.
- Also includes Novelist for book recommendations and reviews and Points of View for persuasive essays.
- JerseyClicks offers free searches of 15 full-text subscription databases to holders of valid library cards,
including ¡Informe! (en español), magazines, newspapers, business and health resources.
Q&ANJ is New Jersey's free online reference service. Don't search... Find.
Connect online with a real librarian -- one-to-one in real-time -- for help with any topic
or information need.
- World Book Online. Ask Mrs. Cullen for user name and password for home use.
- Wikipedia. An encyclopedia written collaboratively by many of its readers.
- RefDesk.com Facts Encyclopedia - a compendium of sites for facts and information.
- OneLook Dictionary - searches 7,511,869 words in 931 dictionaries
- Little Explorers Picture Dictionary
- Merriam-Webster's Word Central
- Roget's Thesaurus
- Roget's II: The New Thesaurus
- World Almanac for Kids
- FactMonster: Information Please Almanac for Kids
- Information Please Almanac
- The Old Farmer's Almanac
- Google Maps - click and drag the maps all over
- Map Machine
- Maps On Us
- National Atlas of the United States
- Google Earth
- The Map Guide - All the Maps on the Web
- All the World's Maps - major city maps as well as national maps
- Blank & Outline Maps - available for printing out
Newspaper & Magazine Articles
- EBSCO Online Magazines & Newspapers For elementary, middle, HS and adult. Also in Spanish.
- Internet Public Library Online Serials - over 3000 titles that can be searched or browsed.
- Arranged by subject.
- Morris County Library offers remote access to magazine and newspaper articles. You will need
- to enter your Wharton library card number.
- Internet Public Library Online Newspapers - Read the news from your hometown anywhere
- in the world.
- Access Newspaper Archive - Quick search newspaper articles in historical newspaper pages. Contains tens of millions of searchable newspaper pages, dating as far back as the 1700s. A unique primary resource, as newspapers provide information as news happened and not necessarily the way it was remembered.
- Old Magazine Articles http://oldmagazinearticles.com
- ...a primary source site with PDF versions of magazine articles published from 1860-1922 covering topics including the American Civil War, World War I, Prohibition, fashion history, art history, immigration history, the sinking of the Titanic and much more, including World War II articles from Yank magazine
- ANYDAY - Historic events, birthdays, MIA's, that occurred on a SELECTED day of the year.
- ANY YEAR - Events, birthdays, etc. that occurred in SELECTED months and years.
- This Day in History - From the History Channel.
- Today in History - This site, from the American Memory Collection of the Library of Congress,
- highlights an event in United States history.
- Today in History Archive - Locate past features from the Today in History site.
- USA.gov - The official site for U.S. government information.
- gobiernoUSA.gov - The official site for U.S. government information, in Spanish.
- Kids.gov - Developed and maintained by the Federal Consumer Information Center,
- it provides links to Federal kids' sites along with some of the best kids' sites from other
- organizations, all grouped by subject.
- U.S. Congress
- New Jersey
- New Jersey Department of Education
- New Jersey Legislature
- Library of Congress
- New Jersey State Library
- M.A.I.N. (Morris Automated Information Network) - to search for books, use this catalog of all the
- libraries in Morris County. Type in your local library name; if the Wharton Public Library has the
- book you want, it will be highlighted.
- Morris County Library - Your library @home!
- Wharton Public Library- Your library in town!
- Morris County School Media Association - library media specialists committed to helping students
- become effective users of ideas and information.